2 minutes reading time
HOW TO GO FROM DARK TO BLONDE WITH MINIMAL DAMAGE
Hi guys I hope you're well and enjoying the sunshine?! I just wanted to pop on here today to share with you some photos of my hair journey so far. I've been many shades of blonde and I've also been brunette so I wanted to talk you through how I've managed to get super blonde again and maintained healthy hair during the process.
Going super blonde can't really happen in one session unless you're naturally quite fair. So it has been a gradual process but it's also been the best thing for my hair. In the past I have had a full head bleach which left my hair very brittle and also very yellow. I have naturally dark, warm hair so lifting it can be quite difficult. Now that I'm happy with the shade of blonde I currently am I do a few things at home to maintain a fresh colour and healthy hair. Healthy, blonde hair needs care so here's what I do.
- Regular trims. I have my hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks which is when I also have my roots topped up.
- Roots only! I never have the colour pulled through to the ends, the ends of my hair are blonde already so there is no need to over process.
- Smartbond. I've been having the Smartbond treatment done at Steven & Laurent for a couple of years now and it's the best thing I have done for my hair whilst going blonde. It helps to protect and strengthen the hair and I've noticed a huge difference since using it. I also use the step 3 conditioner at home once a week.
- Silver Shampoo, I like to use a silver shampoo once or twice a week and this just helps to keep any brassy tones at bay. The toner usually helps with this but it doesn't last until my next hair appointment so to keep the blonde looking fresh between appointments I'll opt for silver shampoo.
- The final thing I do to keep my hair in good condition is use minimal heat. I used to blow-dry and straighten my hair 3-4 times a week and that is the worst thing you can do. I now try to let my hair air dry as much as possible then straighten it and I also like to leave my hair natural as much as possible now too.
Tell me about your hair journey, will you be lightening your hair up for summer or going dark? Would love to know!